After 4 years of crunching designs in front of a computer, all nighters, and very poor eating habits, I earned my Bachelor of Design Degree from York University/Sheridan College. I was fat, unhappy with my physical state, and knew some major changes needed to be made. My life changed when I began working out, training with kettlebells and embracing a healthier lifestyle. The fat literally melted off my body and I underwent a complete transformation, losing a total of 45lbs, 21″ off my body, and going down 7 dress sizes! An incredible feeling!
I have been really lucky to have worked with so many incredible people who’ve helped me along the way. Since then I have been a boot camp instructor for both the Sgt Shanahan Boot Camp and Funk Roberts Fitness Boot Camp, participated in several kettlebell training workshops around the world to train with the likes of Steve Cotter, Mike Mahler, Steve Maxwell, Ken Blackburn, Jason Dolby, John Wild Buckley, Sergey Rudnev, Sergey Rachinsky, Erwan LeCorre, Denis Vasiliev to name a few, was featured on the KettleWorx infomercial and became the poster girl on their website, broke my collarbone, had surgery, came back stronger than ever, and have won 10 Gold medals in Kettlebell Sport since then. I lead an athletic and balanced lifestyle, love to cook, travel, work as a freelance graphic designer, and enjoy fitting in short intense workouts whenever and wherever I can.
Stronger than Unbroken is a personal blog I started to show that true strength comes from within. It is both a physical and mental battle. Strength comes from every obstacle and personal goal I have had to overcome. With each experience, comes confidence and the drive to become better and stronger than when I first started. The purple kettlebell is a 20kg prograde kettlebell representing my achievement of CMS rank and how much stronger and far I have progressed in my fitness journey since my broken collarbone.
Here, I will share some of my personal ramblings, competition and training experiences along with some tips and secrets to winning the war against body fat, getting more out of your busy life, and inspire you to achieve your personal best.
The journey is a constant pursuit.
Failure is not an option. Do what you got to do.
Always strive for excellence and never settle for anything but the best.
Do that, and you will be unstoppable!
• June 3, 2012 – One of the first certified trainers in Fundamental Human Movement by Steve Maxwell
• Gold medal at Arnold Sports Festival Kettlebell Championships in Columbus, Ohio (March 2010) for 12kg Long Cycle in the 68kg weight class, achieved Rank III
• Gold medal and best female lifter award (coefficient) for 16kg Long Cycle at the Agatsu Kettlebell Competition in Toronto (July 2010)
• Gold medal at IKFF National Kettlebell Championships in Novi, Michigan (September 2010) for 16kg Long Cycle in 68kg weight class, achieved Rank 1 with 113 reps
• Gold medal and 2nd top female lifter award (coefficient) for 16kg Long Cycle in 60-70kg weight class at the 2nd Annual Agatsu Kettlebell Competion in Toronto (June 5, 2011)
• Completed Tough Mudder Toronto obstacle course at Mount St Louis Moonstone (August 18, 2012)
• Gold medal at OKC Bay Area Kettlebell Sport Championship (August 17, 2013) for 16kg Long Cycle in 68kg weight class, achieved Rank 1 with 113 reps
• October 19, 2013 – One Hour Long Cycle for Cancer research. Lifted 8kg kettlebell for 800 reps!
• Gold medal at Toronto Agatsu Kettlebell Sport Championships (October 26, 2013) for 16kg Long Cycle in 72kg weight class, achieved Rank 2 with 103 reps
• Gold medal at the OKC California Open Kettlebell Sport Championship (February 23, 2014) for 16kg Long Cycle in 68kg weight class, achieved Rank 1 with 124 reps – New Personal Record!
• Gold medal at Toronto Agatsu National Kettlebell Championship (April 26, 2014) for 20kg Long Cycle in 72kg weight class with 84 reps, first time competing w. 20kg, no rank
• June 21, 2014 – Niagara Falls Kettlebell Open Championship – 20kg Long Cycle in 72kg weight class with 86 reps, 2nd time competing w. 20kg, no rank
• September 5, 2014 – Electro Dash 5K run
• March 1, 2015 – OKC California Open Kettlebell Sport Championship, 20kg Long Cycle in 68kg+ weight class with 103 reps (PR), earned CMS (Candidate for Master of Sport) rank, Gold medal
• May 10, 2015 – Sporting Life 10K run – completed in 1 hour 13 mins 50 seconds
• June 27, 2015 – Niagara Kettlebell Sport Open – competed in 2 events in 68kg+ weight class. (1) 20kg Long Cycle / 10mins – 99 reps, achieved CMS rank, came in 6th out of 9; (2) 12kg Two Arm Long Cycle / 5mins – 54 reps, Rank III, came in 1st out of 6, Gold medal
• August 15, 2015 – Lululemon SeaWheeze 1/2 Marathon in Vancouver – First half marathon, completed in 2 hours 57 mins
• October 2015 – One Hour Long Cycle in support of Kettlebells 4 Autism
• April 24, 2016 – Mercedez Benz 10K Run – 1hr 21mins
• August 2016 – Lululemon Seawheeze Half Marathon
• February 2017 – OKC California Open Kettlebell Championship